MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR BLUE DAYS
Liquid skin protectant
Barrier film for the protection of the skin
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLYDownload prospect
BlauProtect® Liquid Skin protectant is a non-cytotoxic, methylidene malonate based, rapid-drying liquid barrier film for the protection of the skin.
It is applied as a liquid and dries within minutes, adhering to the contours of the skin to form a transparent flexible film. BlauProtect® will wear off, naturally, as the skin regenerates.
The film is transparent and possesses good oxygen and moisture vapor permeability.
The product is provided non-sterile.
BlauProtect® Liquid Skin Protectant is intended to protect intact or damaged skin from the effects of moisture, friction (rubbing), or shear (tearing).
BlauProtect® is used in areas to protect intact or damaged skin exposed to mechanical forces such as friction and shear from bedding, clothing, shoes, or any material that may damage the skin. BlauProtect® can also be used to protect skin exposed to irritation from moisture such as urine, feces, digestive juices, perspiration, and wound dressings. BlauProtect® can also help protect the skin against irritation caused by adhesive products.
1. Remove the applicator from the foil pouch.
2. Using gloved hands, hold the applicator with the tip pointing upwards and away from the patient. Squeeze the center of the applicator tube to rupture the glass ampoule within. If needed, apply pressure using both hands with one thumb atop the other (Figure 1). A snapping or popping noise will be noted as the ampoule breaks
3. Invert the applicator so that its tip points downwards (Figure 2).
4. With the applicator positioned close to and above the treatment site, squeeze the applicator tube a few times to facilitate the flow of the blue liquid adhesive through the visible filter and tip. This process may take several seconds. Once the blue adhesive appears on the tip, the pressure applied to the tube may be released. Continue gently pumping the tube while applying to the affected area to facilitate the flow of product from the device.
5. As the liquid expels from the device, use a gentle painting action to evenly spread the product in a thin layer over a treatment area of no more than approximately 4 in x 4 in (10 cm x 10 cm). Ensure that the desired area is completely covered and extends at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) beyond the affected region. Avoid accumulation or dripping of product at the outside borders of the application area
6. Allow the product to dry up to 2 minutes. Some people may feel a temporary warming sensation as the product dries.
The film will wear off the skin naturally within approximately 3 days and does not require removal.
Excess BlauProtect® can be removed before it dries by wiping with a clean tissue. Once dry, unwanted BlauProtect® can be softened with petroleum jelly and removed.
Blau is biotechnologically innovative
Protect skin to protect life
OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE BLAU HOME-CARE RANGE